Browser Setting Requirements
Continuing Education and Certificate Information
Part 1: Direct Link
Part 2: Direct Link
Part 3: Direct Link
- Disclosures & References
Acknowledgements, References, and Contact Information
Basic Transtheoretical Model Training
Welcome to the Basic Transtheoretical Model Training. You will learn the basic concepts and strategies needed to effectively use the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change (TTM) when working with clients.
The TTM is grounded in over 35 years of research and has been applied to many behaviors, including smoking cessation, healthy eating, bullying, depression prevention, weight management, responsible drinking, exercise, and stress management.
It should take approximately four hours to complete all three modules. You can stop at any time, and come back to the course for up to four months, using the username and password that you created when registering for this course. Upon successfully completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Part 1: Overview of the Transtheoretical Model (90 minutes)
Part 2: Applying the TTM and Motivational Interviewing Techniques (45 minutes)
Part 3: Counselors' and Coaches' Toolkit, & Role Play Simulations (105 minutes)
Who should take this course:
- Physician assistants
- Professional counselors
- Health coaches
- Social workers
- Professionals interested in learning the fundamentals of the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change and how to utilize this model when working with clients and/or in research settings
- Describe the characteristics of people in each Stage of Change.
- Describe the four main constructs of the TTM.
- Identify which TTM principles and processes to employ at each Stage of Change.
- List and define techniques of Motivational Interviewing (MI), a way of working with clients that complements the TTM to support behavior change.
Meet the authors:
- Deborah A. Levesque, Ph.D.
- Sara S. Johnson, Ph.D.
- James O. Prochaska, Ph.D.
- Janice M. Prochaska, Ph.D.
- Deborah F. Van Marter, M.P.H.
- Kathleen DeHaven, R.N., B.S.N., M.S.S.A.
- Estimated length: 4 hours
- Subject: Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- CE credits: 4 hours
- Course type: Self-paced modules
- Covered topics: Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change, Stage of Change, Motivational Interviewing
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are not accepted once payment is received. Pro-Change and t3 reserve the right to make necessary changes to the course, or terminate the course without notice.
C4 Innovations has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6576. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. C4 Innovations is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
This course has been approved by C4 Innovations as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #100990, C4 Innovations is responsible for all aspects of their programing.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886478600-4182) for 4 continuing education contact hours.