- Week 1: Introduction and Spirit of MI
Week 1 Webcast: Friday, February 14, 2020 from 12:00 - 1:15 PM EST
Week 1 Quiz
- Week 2: MI Skills: 4 Processes, Open Questions, and Affirmations
Week 2 Webcast: Friday, February 21, 2020 from 12:00 - 1:15 PM EST
Week 2 Quiz
- Week 3: MI Skills: Reflective Statements, Summaries, and Exchanging Information
Week 3 Webcast: Friday, February 28, 2020 from 12:00 - 1:15 PM EST
Week 3 Quiz
- Week 4: Using MI to Elicit and Strengthen Change Talk
Week 4 Webcast: Friday, March 6, 2020 from 12:00 - 1:15 PM EST
Week 4 Quiz
- Week 5: Combining Skills: A Guided MI Conversation
Week 5 Webcast: Friday, March 13, 2020 from 12:00 - 1:15 PM EST
Week 5 Quiz
- Course Wrap-Up
Motivational Interviewing: Advancing Skills: Winter 2020
This intensive workshop will help you advance your own skills in Motivational Interviewing (MI) and provide ideas for you and your agency to establish an effective and sustainable community of practice for on-going skill development. You will receive personalized and individualized feedback on two conversation work samples, to fine-tune and strengthen your MI practice. Webcasts and between-sessions work will help you target key MI skills and strategies for taking your own MI practice to the next level.
It is recommended that you will have completed a high quality MI Introductory workshop within the past five years, in order to gain optimal value from this workshop. Self-study and intensive reading in MI are also good preparation. Eagerness to learn and grow in the MI model as well as interest in continuing your practice will help you make the most of this Advancing Skills workshop.
- Fridays, February 14 - March 13, 2020
- The first and last weeks are for participants to record the actor encounter. The in between three weeks: Fridays, February 21-March 6 from 12:00-1:15 PM EST will be webcasts.
- Time: 12:00-1:15 PM EST
- Subject: Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Practice level: Advanced
- CE credit:
- ASWB: 4.5 hours
- NAADAC: 4.5 hours
- NBCC: 4.5 hours
- Course type: Live online
- 75 minutes weekly live webcast
- roughly 35 minutes of weekly home study activities
- Covered topics: Motivational Interviewing, Implementation of Best Practices
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Form selective and differential reflective statements that move conversations strategically toward change
- Identify options for skillfully navigating the four processes of MI
- Enhance skillfulness in exchanging information
- Increase options for reducing discord
- Increase options for moving beyond dubious change talk
- Identify the benefits of an ongoing community of practice
Certificates of Completion are awarded to participants who have attended the all five, live webcasts (or watched the webcast recording in their entirety), completed all required learning activities, scored higher than 80% on each weekly quiz, completed the course evaluation form, and the certificate request form. 4.5 hours of continuing education credit will be awarded upon completion of this course through ASWB and NAADAC. 4.5 hours of continuing education credit will be awarded upon completion of this course through NBCC. Certificates will be emailed directly to participants roughly two weeks after the completion of the final webcast.
If you need accommodations for disability, please contact C4’s Managing Director, Rachel Ehly, email@example.com.
C4 Innovates, Provider #1457, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE program. C4 Innovates maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/17/2017 to 10/17/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 4.5 continuing education clock hours.
C4 Innovates has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6576. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. C4 Innovates is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
This course has been approved by C4 Innovates as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #100990, C4 Innovates is responsible for all aspects of their programing.